soundproofing a cavity wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
whats the best method of soundproofing a cavity wall im building a large garage to keep dogs in it is going to be a cavity wall but im wondering whats the best material to put in the cavity to help keep the noise down.

Sponsored Links
Some slab insulation/acoustic roll with DB check plasterboard.

The best method I've found is doubling that with creating an air gap between the two wall surfaces.

Putting a layer in the roof would probaby be more effective than in the wall (assuming a pitched roof?)

It's just going to be a slopeing roof with tiles but I'm planning on sheeting the inside of the roof with acoustic slabs in between

Sponsored Links
Should dogs make so much noise that you need sound insulation in a cavity wall? What sort of noise? Why are they doing it?

The insulation probably won't be effective in that situation anyway.
What about the windows and doors? Why keep them in the garage anyway?

It's a garage /indoors dog kennel and sometimes they can bark a bit so I'm trying to avoid problems after I've built it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back