Soundproofing a residential water pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a stuart turner 3.00 bar hot/cold negative water pump and operates for whole house.
Any ideas how to soundproof it please?
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Try standing the pump on a congrete paving slab, and stand the paving slab on a thick block of foam rubber.

The extra mass of the concrete cuts down the magnitude of vibration / noise, and the foam cuts down the the noise transmission to the rest of the structure.

I have been to one of those that burnt out because it had been boxed in without ventilation!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thank you for all your replies. Much appreciated.
However, the soundproofing box at http://www.soundservice.co.uk/enclosure_kits.html may not be appropriate as I am unsure as to whether the Stuart-Turner Negative 3.00 bar hot/cold pump is air or water cooled and if only air cooled could burn it out as agile has mentioned.
Probably follow TicklyT's suggestion so many thanks to you.

You may find that most noise is transmitted as vibration via the pipe connections, both inlet and outlet, if the pump isn't isolated properly from the piping with flexible connections. Also if the pump is resting against the wall or floor with no insulation.

We suffered a very noisy pump in the flat next door until the pump died ( :) ) and was then replaced by the owner. This pump ran at any time of day or night when the water was used in the flat and was really annoying. I always knew when they were getting up in the morning and running a shower or even using the loo at night!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back