Space for Expansion not the same!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning on putting down laminate flooring in my living room. I took off all the skirting board and some of the wall crumbled to leave uneven surfaces.

I now want to start laying the floor and must leave a 10mm gap for expansion. BUT how do I use the spacers when the wall near the floor is uneven?? How can I ensure that the floors are an equal distance from the wall.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You dont have to leave exactly 10mm gap around the edge ! This is a adverage size gap for an adverage size room. Which i must say..... There is not a adverage room. It is always good practise to leave 10mm minimum gap. The bigger the area the more gap needed. As for your worry about how to space the gap and get the floor lined up, well i think you may have bitten off more than you can chew if your planning on fitting the floor your self and are stuck on this bit already! Really you need to set some flooring up and scribe the first row to the wall and make sure its straight . Hard to explain but if you know how to scribe you should work it out.
good luck

assuming its click together dont worry about the gap
accuratly cut to length and connect the first 3 rows together
now use the spacers where the wall is fairly level and if theres any un supported gaps greater than 30 inches use packing material [ply/wood ect]to allow the wedges to suport the edge incase the floor needs tapping home

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back