Space saver SS9 flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just removed a double 100x70 rad from my kitchen and replaced it with a space saver SS9 which runs from the central heating. The boiler is a large combo oil condensing boiler and comfortably heats all the radiators so much so I usually only run it on 4.
The space saver has a fan in it that turns on when water temp is over 38deg this happens but as the fan cools the water in the heater it drops below 38 deg and turns off its like the flow through the heater is not fast enough the supply pipes are 10mm micro bore. Has anyone else had similar problems? Anyone think of a solution or have experience of space savers (I'm not replacing the micro bore with 15mm) ? Oh n I checked the pump it's on max!
Cheers James

Sponsored Links
Have you balanced the system? If it's losing heat too quickly, the system may need to be optimised. I assume it's been bled?

Yes they were all bled but no I didn't balance them kinda figured one out one in - no need, but there was as now it's working just perfectly!
Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back