Spiders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know how to get rid of spiders - particularly the big ones that run across the floor scaring the life out of 'er indoors ? I seem to have quite a few since I built a new extension - I don't really understand where they're coming from. :confused:

Can't find any traps to catch or kill them on the internet, I'm very sceptical about the plug-in things that are meant to banish all spiders from your house - Anyone know if they actually work ? . :?:

Sponsored Links
LOL ... it's spider season, they will soon go. I doubt you will get rid of them.

Could be worse, they could be bigger ... with teeth :eek:

It's when you can hear their footsteps on the floorboards that it is time to worry

I used to have a big boris spider, in the workshop, when we moved house, I put him in a jar and he came with us, he was released into the new workshop.

Wotan

Could be worse, they could be bigger ... with teeth :eek:

They have teeth - and big hairy legs ! I'm going to find some way of trapping and/or killing the ****ers... :mad:

I've just ordered a load of Spidatraps - The filthy things aren't going to find a safe sanctuary in my house.... ;)

Sponsored Links
I used to have a big boris spider, in the workshop, when we moved house, I put him in a jar and he came with us, he was released into the new workshop.

Wotan

Spiders and flies live on filth and spread diseases - Do you like having filthy disease spreading creatures living in your workshop ? . :eek:

Time to call Aggie and her mate in I think..... ;)

Wotan

Spiders and flies live on filth and spread diseases - Do you like having filthy disease spreading creatures living in your workshop ? . :eek:

Time to call Aggie and her mate in I think..... ;)

Without spiders we'd be knee deep in flies. I love em and I'd never ever harm one. Disease is spread by people more than anything else. Let's kill filthy humans eh?

Hear Hear! , Joe. They do a splendid job, though even I tried to avoid one in our last house that was so big you could just about hear its tiny feet going ticky-tacky, ticky-tacky on the kitchen lino.

[/quote]

Without spiders we'd be knee deep in flies. I love em and I'd never ever harm one. Disease is spread by people more than anything else. Let's kill filthy humans eh?[/quote]

Rubbish - Literally. Flies only live for a few days anyway. Spiders play a minimal role in controlling their populations. Both are filthy disease spreading creatures ( Malaria, , dengue fever, and many other diseases.) Many flies and spiders live on such delicacies as decaying dead rats.

Spiders can also can spread disease from contact with infectious sources. They are causes of sleeping sickness, typhoid, cholera, dysentery and plague.

They are causes of sleeping sickness, typhoid, cholera, dysentery and plague.

Oh yeah! We've had 14 cases on our street. I wondered what was causing it.

We've also got ebola and lassa fever. Are they to blame for those too? :rolleyes:

Spiders can also can spread disease from contact with infectious sources. They are causes of sleeping sickness, typhoid, cholera, dysentery and plague.

Out of interest do you have any sources or evidence confirming contraction of the above mentioned diseases through contact with spiders?

if you are troubled by them, the hoover snout will suck them up. Or a cat or kitten wil kill and eat the large ones.

Oh no! Does this mean our cat is going to peg out with dengue fever!?

I have loads of spiders in my new house too, looking forward to trying the hairspray and lighter suggestion, although the impact on the carpet might not be good!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back