Spiders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of weeks ago when it really hot I noticed a load of little red spiders on the patio, they're tiny about the size of a pinhead. Anyone know

- what are they and where they're from
- are they dangerous (toddler puts anything in her mouth!)
- how do I get rid of them

After the hot weather in the last few days they're back, in force and spreading.

Cheers, Andy

Sponsored Links
I had the same in my shed a few weeks back.
They were definitely spiders as a whole egg sack full of them had hatched and there were webs.
I evicted them to outside and let them fend for themselves after I got bored squishing them.

Yep they looked like spiders to me too, but having seens the picture of the clover mite I'm not so sure now, especially as I've not spotted any webs. What are they doing here though?, from the description they sound like something common to the US.

Sponsored Links
Any good insecticide to get rid of the critters from walls, patio, etc.

I have masses of tiny red spiders on my sunny windowsills. They leave a red stain when squished. Does anyone have a way of getting rid of them, please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back