split hdd

O

oompah

At the moment my hd is split, one 2gb the other is 55gb can i even the drives up to say 50/50 or even put them back as 1.The reason they are split like this is because it used to be my main computer and a friend partioned it so that important back ups were kept seperate.

Sponsored Links
well why do you want to change it?

you can, do a search*

but you will (probably) loose all information, why not get another hd and have 2 , i have.

* windows xp can do it for you, search for me, in hardware (i know becuse i wanted to partition my drive, and the reply is still here)

found it :) clicky

breezer said:
you will (probably) loose all information
You make it sound like a gamble or a guess. It isn't either.

Changing the size of a populated partition is possible, without data loss, using a third party utility such as Partition Magic.

windows xp can do it for you
No it can't.

Changing the size of any partition is possible using Windows XP, but only by deleting it and creating a new one of a different size. Data will not be preserved. Not 'might', not 'probably will', just will not.

Always backup your data before b*ggering around with your pewter. Then come to your senses and don't b*gger around with it at all.

It crassed big time and had to do a reinstall but when auto downloads come through like service pack2 there is not enough room in c drive 2gb so how do i tell downloads to go in d drive 50gb

Sponsored Links
You can download the installable SP2 file - click here - and thereby choose the destination drive/path.

Whoever partitioned your drive needs shooting, because 2Gb is far below the Microsoft recommended minimum for WXP.

Course you can - try third party software like arconis or partition magic to change partitions and sizes on the fly.

Back