split loads help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya

i have a barn that is being split in two, each side requires to have a ring main and lighting circuit, also each side needs to be metered indepenantly of the other, and just to add to the mix i have three phase power available to supply the barn, i have 2 meters, and i also have 2x 4 way consumer units with the circuit breakers in each and a 30mamp rcd, my question really is can i use a 1 phase into the meter on one side and then another phase for the other side leaving 1 phase reduntant or do i need to go into one of the large split load consumer boxes any advice would be appriecated

many thanks steve

Sponsored Links
the 3 phase supply is already metered by the supplier before it its my main board in another barn,i can take a 3 phase supply from this main board over to the barn im working on, i have 2 people who want hobby rooms in another barn which they want lights and sockets, so i want to meter the power there using

hope this clears thing up a little

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back