Splitting meter tails for two CU's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I know I can split the meter tails to accomodate two consumer units via a henly/junction box, but wanted to incorporate an isolating switch so that in future the supply can be isolated without having the main fuse pulled.

My question is, i did not want to add the connection block aswell as an isolation switch and was wondering if I could run two tails with just the isolation switch, I have a 4 pole 125amp Wylex WS124 switch which I was hoping to split...... 2 for live 2 for neutral......perfect for the CU side but how do I link the two terminals (2 Live, 2 neutral) on the input from the meter side.

Any solutions to this setup would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
but how do I link the two terminals (2 Live, 2 neutral) on the input from the meter side.

With a pair of henley blocks........

So best do what you first suggested and fit the henleys after the main switch.

Thanks for that.....so no point in using a 4 pole switch, may aswell just purchase a 2 pole one, is 100amp switch sufficient, the main fuse is 100amp

Thanks

"The main fuse is 100amp"..... (actually it's more likely an 80 fuse in a 100amp carrier).

"Will a 100amp switch be ok?".

I will let you make your mind up after your dinner ;)

Sponsored Links
"The main fuse is 100amp"..... (actually it's more likely an 80 fuse in a 100amp carrier).

"Will a 100amp switch be ok?".

I will let you make your mind up after your dinner ;)

Alright alright, yes had dinner now LOL

I know it seemd obvious the switch was adequate but thought that there may have to some spare amps within the switch.....I am pretty sure that the fuse is actually 100amp......we was upgraded about 3 years ago

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back