Spotlights in bathroom... Part P

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've lowered the ceiling in my sitting room and bedroom and fitted recessed spotlights. I'd like to do this in the bathroom but am dubious of Part P regulations... I've got all the IP rated kit and have put up the stuwork for the ceiling, but do I reallyneed to get a certified electrcian to wire up the existing ceiling rose to junction box and then 2 transformers??? Even if he does this, I'll then need to put the plasterboard up and tack it in before he can wore the trransformers to teh lights. It all seems like madness for such a trivial job :-O

Sponsored Links
I've lowered the ceiling in my sitting room and bedroom and fitted recessed spotlights.
why? what did the next owner ever do to you? ;)
I'd like to do this in the bathroom but am dubious of Part P regulations... I've got all the IP rated kit and have put up the stuwork for the ceiling, but do I reallyneed to get a certified electrcian to wire up the existing ceiling rose to junction box and then 2 transformers???
no, you can do it yourself, you just need to inform the LABC and pay the fees.. no one if forcing you to get a sparky..
Even if he does this, I'll then need to put the plasterboard up and tack it in before he can wore the trransformers to teh lights ...
not really.. the wiring can be done and finished to the lamp connections.. you can then put up the plasterboard and pull the finished connections through the hole and put the lamp in.. that's the way they are designed..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back