Spur location for gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I hate writing this specially with so many topics with similar problems which is my main
reason for asking since I seem to have a choice and dont know wich is best.

we are having a new gas supply fitted so decided to replace our kitchen appliances with an electric oven (2KW), Gas Hob and Electric Hood.

What I've done so far is:
Wire the Oven with 6mm cable to the current outlet panel from the CCU.
Spured an FCU & Outlet Panel from one of my Ring sockets for hood.

Now my fiancee is purchasing the gas hob and she really doesnt want a 3rd switch to power the hob ignition. But I appreciate the need for easy issolation of the hob electric supply for gas maintanence.

So the way I see it I can either take a spur from a 2nd ring socket I have in the kitchen to another FCU but this will give her the unwanted 3rd switch. My other option is to do the dreaded spur from the FCU spur I use for the hood. I realise a spur from a spur isn't ideal however these are both going to be protected from the 13A FCU and both are relatively low power.

If this is acceptable then the question is what is the best way take this spur from the FCU source, from the FCU directly or from the panel outlet. I assume I couldn't easily take it from the FCU since its already routing a connection to the Panel outlet.

Any advice for best safety while still eliminating the 3rd switch?

Sponsored Links
Why not take a fused spur from the Cooker circuit? Run a 6mmsq from the cooker outlet box to an FCU, then run 1.5t&e to the hob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back