Spur off isolating switch?

Sponsored Links
Note also that anyone can fill out a certificate; the only condition is that they have to sign at the bottom declaring they are competent to have done the work - which could later land them in hot water if this declaration was patently false. Then there are situations where BS 7671 is required.26 Jan 2021

Is mythical he.

1676067548651.png

Note also that anyone can fill out a certificate; the only condition is that they have to sign at the bottom declaring they are competent to have done the work - which could later land them in hot water if this declaration was patently false. Then there are situations where BS 7671 is required.26 Jan 2021
For a start, I think your line of comments is probably pretty moot ('silly'?) - since you know as well as I do roughly what proportion of DIYers, even very 'competent' ones, complete minor works certs when they do DIY work!

However, since you have mentioned it, unless we are looking at different minor works certs, they do not say what you suggest ....

... unlike the situation with EICs, the declaration says nothing about who has done the work (merely saying that the work has been "designed, constructed inspected and tested in accordance with BS7671"), and nor does it say anything about 'competence'. Rather, the person has simply to declare that "to the best of my knowledge and belief ... complied with BS7671". That seems to be a particularly bad form of words because, taken literally, if the person's knowledge is very limited, the declaration then means essentially nothing ;)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Funny because my post was a copy from the IET

I would point out that that is not "from the IET" as such but merely another forum which is no more authoritive than this one.

As with any other forum, some of the replies might be correct but these cannot be distinguished from the incorrect just by reading them unless one already knows the answer.

I have often wondered why the IET has a forum rather than a person who wrote the rules just answering queries.

I have often wondered why the IET has a forum rather than a person who wrote the rules just answering queries.
Forums are cheap and have massive disclaimers about any information obtained from them.

Providing information from qualified professionals via a corporate entity such as the IET with all of the liability problems attached is expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back