spurs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recently had a partial re-wire on my house. kitchen on separate circuit, shed on a separate circuit, shower and electric hob on separate circuits. all that is left on the old fuse board is the lighting circuit and the old ring main. the old ring main has 9 sockets on it but now i have started lifting floorboards and checking more thoroughly i have found that there are currently 8 non fused spurs on this circuit plus the electric fire as well.
all the new work has been done by a proper electrician and so far it has cost me about £1500. i was hoping to finish the rest of the work myself and he was going to come round and check it all out and give me my certificate. the things i need to know are;
how many spurs are you allowed on a circuit
is the fire safe on this circuit

Sponsored Links
You are allowed as many unfused spurs as there are sockets on the main ring, so 8 is fine, although nearly up to the limit!
You can have as many FUSED spurs as you like, obviously provided you don't overload the MCB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back