stabbed in the back !

poshman said:
after supporting the local GNER train company to retain the franchise of the east coast main line. the local commuters have got stabbed in the back big time.. they have increased the car park charges 82 % :!: :!: :!: ie annual price from £ 594 to £ 1,080
still what do i care i park free with my moped :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

eeehhhh still cheap from just under £2 a day to about £3 a day so thats about 30p an hour

round here in surrey its about £5 a day in station car parks [dont know what the season ticket rate is]

Sponsored Links
empip said:
I thought Donkeyaster went with the mines ... Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs !! :cool:

Eh? not sure if you're being derogatory there, but i'll do my "i love doncaster" speech here.

Doncaster's going up in the world. Only one pit still in operation (i think), but other industries have taken over - mostly service and retail. And the town centre is being transformed with a new interchange, and "the hub", the new centre of DEC (Doncaster Education City). Good old Mayor Martin Winter, my dad went to school with him ;)

Oh, and long-stay parking in the new Frenchgate Interchange is £9.50 per day IIRC. And they expect to fill all 500 spaces? :eek: must be mad. Short stay is £1 for 2 hours. Steep for doncaster. But its a "very secure" car park by all accounts. Haven't tried it myself yet, and wont unless prices fall.

big-all said:
poshman said:
after supporting the local GNER train company to retain the franchise of the east coast main line. the local commuters have got stabbed in the back big time.. they have increased the car park charges 82 % :!: :!: :!: ie annual price from £ 594 to £ 1,080

eeehhhh still cheap from just under £2 a day to about £3 a day so thats about 30p an hour

round here in surrey its about £5 a day in station car parks [dont know what the season ticket rate is]

yeh maybe but commuters dont use the car park 365 days a year

BTW the daily charge has increased from £5 50p to £ 10

Sponsored Links
poshman said:
big-all said:
poshman said:

yeh maybe but commuters dont use the car park 365 days a year

BTW the daily charge has increased from £5 50p to £ 10

aaahhh fair enough that puts it in context

anual rates should be about half the daily rate because 5 days a week for an average of 44weeks would be about 220 days
so basicly the comuter rate is half the day rate

is the parking still under the roof where the platforms used to be that served the routes the metro now serves!!!

ban-all-sheds said:
markie said:
ban-all-sheds said:
Yes and no

Come on it's either breaking the law or it's not, don't sit on the fence, ;)
Come on - pay attention.

Perhaps some colour coding will help:

markie said:
Still breaking the law, and acting uncilivized, :rolleyes: ;)
ban-all-sheds said:
Yes and no

As my old headmaster used to say, breaking the law is not necessarily undemocratic, unless you seek to evade capture or punishment. If you feel strongly enough about it, break the law and don't accept any punishment less than going to jail. If enough people feel the same then they will have to do something about it - If enough don't then you maybe need to face up to the fact that your point of view didn't hold the popular appeal you thought it did.........

johnny_t said:
[........., break the law and don't accept any punishment less than going to jail. If enough people feel the same then they will have to do something about it - If enough don't then you maybe need to face up to the fact that your point of view didn't hold the popular appeal you thought it did.........

Ah but they are - breaking the law - somehow getting sent down - and The other 'they' are doing something about it .. letting the bug_gers out !!
Process carried out, large salaries earned - little or nothing to show for it all... Except umpteen thousand prisoners attending schools of crime at our expense, tis costing us more than actually paying them to pizz off abroad and lay on a sandy beach somewhere - for ever !!
;)

markie said:
Bob is swampy off corrie, ?
I think he's referring to the road protestor from the nineties.
Lovely colourful posts above, well done lads keep it up.

Didn't you know?

Swampy died recently.

Heart disease.

He was offered a by-pass but objected.

Sponsored Links
Back