stainless steel vertical rad not all heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im at wits end, bought an all singing dancing vertical stainless steel rad, its been bleed many times, 8 rads have been turned off downstairs TRV and lockshields and there are still a couple of columns which are not heating up any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
i presume its up the right way because when it came from geyser, where i purchased it the bleed valve and and its partner were already in place. screwed in.

Sponsored Links
im presuming you mean ringing as in phoning them. not some plumbing procedure that i havent heard about.

yes phoning. or ringing their necks.
you've shut all the other and no change may be a fault inside.

yup, definitely, all lockshields and trvs downstairs are off rad cold but this bugger refuses to heat up, there are thin vertical strips and large vertical strips all thin ones are heating up and only one of the large vertical ones is heating up.

can't really suggest anything else as the rad is getting a flow.
so sounds like a rad issue.

pipes on trv and lockshield are roasting hot, some strips are heating up nicely but others are refusing, im tee'ed off and going to take a wee breather.

have you tried shutting the locksheild and opening 1/2 way etc instead of fully open ?

Some of these rads have a designated side for flow with a distribution pipe inside,check if there is a red sticker on inlets.

Grum

It may just sort itself if left to its own devices so give it a couple of days. I have one that did exactly the same when first used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back