stairs replacement

Update:
Armed with knowledge rang a few reputable supplier for the quotation:
One of them (reputable) sent below:
Pine Open Plan Stair (Double Quarter Turn)
15 Risers (approx 3M rise)
No Hand rails (my choice)
£2K including delivery but not fitting

Does the above quote explain all you need to know?

Sponsored Links
Update:
Armed with knowledge rang a few reputable supplier for the quotation:
One of them (reputable) sent below:
Pine Open Plan Stair (Double Quarter Turn)
15 Risers (approx 3M rise)
No Hand rails (my choice)
£2K including delivery but not fitting

Does the above quote explain all you need to know?

So nothing at all like the steel and glass construction in the picture, then? ;)

What kind of balustrade do you intend to use? I assume you are aware that Building Control will require one.

Cheers
Richard

So nothing at all like the steel and glass construction in the picture, then? ;)
Richard

Hummm, that was not part of my plan it was just an illustration, but have not given up on open plan yet, trying to see how far i can stretch my budget :D

What kind of balustrade do you intend to use? I assume you are aware that Building Control will require one.

Cheers
Richard

I am hoping to get glass balustrade

[

If you're planning on putting this together yourself (or even if not), I suggest making sure you have a clear idea how a glass balustrade is going to mate with your pine staircase...

I can't advise on that because I've only fitted softwood stairs, with timber spindles, newels and baluster.

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links

If you're planning on putting this together yourself (or even if not), I suggest making sure you have a clear idea how a glass balustrade is going to mate with your pine staircase...

I can't advise on that because I've only fitted softwood stairs, with timber spindles, newels and baluster.

Cheers
Richard
Thanks for the info, nop have no intention to put this together, rather leave this for the pro :D

BTW what did you make out of the quote???

BTW what did you make out of the quote???

My stairs:

Whitewood strings, treads and risers, 3.3m going, about 2.6m rise, three winders at bottom, 1m wide at bottom riser, about 900 wide for main staircase, barley twist newels and spindles, baluster rail, came to just under a grand if I recall. This was about 4 years ago.

I fitted it with a neighbour but the curse factor was high.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back