Staple Gun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a Stanley CT10 staple gun thinking that it would be ideal for for bt and alarm cables.

I cant seem to find any white staples for it though. What size would you normally use for 8 core alarm cable?

Also i have a horrible feeling that i have bought the wrong size staple gun as this site says it can take staples 10-14mm which i think may be a little big.

http://www.toucantools.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=STA0CT10

Any ideas?

:cry:

Sponsored Links
Hi Steve,

I use Rapid 28/10 DP Proline. They are 10mm 3/8 inch.

Buy them from any electrical wholesaler, try out of town on the industrial estates, there are usually a few dotted around those places.

Take care mate,

Hi Steve,

I use Rapid 28/10 DP Proline. They are 10mm 3/8 inch.

Buy them from any electrical wholesaler, try out of town on the industrial estates, there are usually a few dotted around those places.

Take care mate,

Sponsored Links
The staple will deal with cables up to 6mm in dia, I don't fit data cables often and generally use the the oval nail clips, rather than staple, but I do have the CT10, find it good for fixing angle beads and vapour barriers, amongst other things..
But I am sure the 10mm round staples, will deal with most small sized data cables.

The CT10 gun should also take the T20 8mm flat crown cable staples (8, 10 and 12mm).

But not round? Cant believe how difficult this is proving to find something like a staple.
Tried Screwfix, I'm sure I've seen gun & staples there. If not try an alarm wholesaler.

Why not get them from the place you bought the gun?
Screwfix do sell them
Tacwise brand

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?fh_search=cable+stapler&fh_view_size=20

If you haven't fixed cables with a staple gun before ... practice first and be very careful. You would not believe how easy it is to put staples through the cable even when you think you have the cable neatly in the slot of the gun.

At one customer, they had the alarm installed and everything was working fine. Then BT came to fit the phone line and stapled his cable alongside the alarm cable (to the bell box I think) - and most of his staples went through the alarm cable.

Personally I don't use stapes for data cables - in fact I haven't had a gun for some years as the one I used to have belonged to my last employer and I never got round to buying myself one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back