Starving Africans

• Thread starter Deleted member 63160
  • Start date
Five years time, that won't be Dave's problem then. He'll be on the public speaking circuit telling everyone how he saved the huddled masses, whilst banking big, fat cheques.
That sentence gave me cause to think. I wonder which of our prime ministers was the last one to think of the country rather than himself (or herself!).

Sponsored Links
That sentence gave me cause to think. I wonder which of ANY UK POLITICIAN was the last one to think of the country rather than himself (or herself!).
Now you are thinking like me JBR. I've been saying this for yonks.

I had in mind Maggie Thatcher, and the last one prior to her, Winston Churchill.

Sponsored Links
Five years time, that won't be Dave's problem then. He'll be on the public speaking circuit telling everyone how he saved the huddled masses, whilst banking big, fat cheques.
That sentence gave me cause to think. I wonder which of our prime ministers was the last one to think of the country rather than himself (or herself!).

Like him or not, I suspect Brown thought of the country, even though he was a nasty tosser. I suspect Blair is the real bad un who has destroyed confidence in politics, along with MPs pocketing money via expenses scams etc. Some politicians are decent, some are mostly decent, some are decidedly dodgy. Rifkind showed himself to be a complete sleaze bag recently. Neither party has a monopoly on sleaze.

Back