Stat required for boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler hasn't worked properly for 3 weeks now, it keeps cutting out and to restart it you have to press the 'overheat stat reset' button. It then works for another 20 minutes or so before overheating again and cutting out, the net result is that I have no heating as it won't stay on! After several visits by heating engineers I was told it needed a new 'stat'. This was 12 days ago and the company dealing with it supposedly ordered the part 12 days ago.

Could anyone point me in the direction of where they are sold - the boiler is an Ideal Classic FF230. I've googled it but don't know if I'm looking at the right part to fit that specific boiler! If I can find where they are sold then I can go back to the service company and ask them to order it from there instead of me waiting indefinitely with no heating as they won't even give me an idea of how long it might take to get the part.

Thanks in advance for any input :)

Sponsored Links
sure its not the pump? try turning stat to minimum and see what happens

The second engineer that came fitted a new pump and it still cuts out so definitely not the pump! Thanks anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back