Station tuning NEI CRT TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please advise I am trying to tune the stations on the above TV, we do not have the manual so am finding it difficult to find the menu from the remote.
Please help.
Regards,
Colin.
Sorry about that I included the moel in the subject heading but does not show in the message.
The TV is an old CRT type made by NEI model E14D1.
Thanks,
Colin.

Sponsored Links
Oh, it's dead easy. You press that button, then the other one. Then that, and then finally that one.

If none of that made any sense then welcome to my world where you ask how to tune a TV without giving the model number ;)

We are good here but we aren't mind readers and magicians. Some better info from you will get a more useful reply. What buttons have you got to work with? Are you using the original remote? Does the TV have Freeview built in? (You know that if it doesn't and your TV area has switched over then you won't get live TV signals) :mrgreen:

Probably best to answer ALL of Chris's questions if you hope to get an answer. I've done a quick search for the model number you've provided and found zilch, so I'm out.

Oh, it's dead easy. You press that button, then the other one. Then that, and then finally that one.

And I thought we got smug when asked " It rings and the code does not work"

Can I borrow the above quote?

Sponsored Links
sacwilliams, try this...

press the button on the front panel that produces the on-screen display

press P- on the front panel, pressing this button will select manual TV Tuning

press and hold + or - to search up or down. When a signal is found release the button. If this is not the station required, continue holding the + or- button to continue.

press the key to toggle AFC on/off so that AFC is ON.

use + or - to fine tune

press X to return to manual TV Tuning

press P+ or P- to select the program number required

press the store key

press X twice to return to normal operation

The above presumes that you're tuning to an analogue source as I think these sets predate Freeview. Let us know how you get on.

Thank you Chris, I will try your sugestions when we next visit my mother in law and will keep you posted.
Did you hear about the Irish mechanic who was asked to check the car indicators ! he replied "It' working, Its not working, It's working."
Best regards and thanks,
Colin.

Irish mechanic?....no. It's a good one though. But I did hear about the English mechanic who charged £100 to fix a broken car engine with one hit from a hammer.

When presented with the bill the owner raged "£100!! To hit it with a hammer!" and mechanic replied "It was only a fiver to hit it with the hammer. But £95 for knowing where" ;)

Jeez, I had a Vauxhall Cavalier GSi 2000, which had a throttle-open sensor switch that used to stick, causing the engine to race and the car to leap forward unexpectedly when moving slowly (usually in a traffic queue). I used to keep a hammer in the car for tapping the switch body. Nowadays I'd think twice before driving around with a hammer on the passenger seat! How times change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back