Steam Wallpaper Strippers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a Steam Wallpaper Stripper? My old B & D has packed in and reading some reviews on it's replacement are none too kind.

Sponsored Links
Strippers are very,very low tech. devises and how its used is more important. I would have thought all you need is one big enough for the job. If it does't do what you bought it for take it back.

After you have got the paper off use a garden sprayer with sugar soap/washing up soap in it to wet the wall. Have a cup of tea, wet it again, and then use a window scrapper to pull the glue off. Have a bowl or tray handy for the muck.

Save yourself time,effort and money.

Forget the Steam Strippers, they are useless and i don't know any decorator that will tell you any diffrent.

BUCKET,HOT WATER( TOUCH OF FAIRY LIQUID TO GIVE IT SOME BODY),CEILLING BRUSH,SCRAPER.

Soak each wall 3 times allowing a 5 minute break inbetween each soak then strip the walls with your scraper, the paper will fall off. Sometimes its easier if you can pull the face of the paper off dry then just soak the backing paper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back