Steel toe caps

Sorry thought the thread was about steel toe cap boots.

That's fine. Certainly no need to apologise. Steel toe caps are certainly a saftey boot.
Also the Op may not be aware of compasite and alloy toe caps.

Sponsored Links
Maybe Bodd was unlucky on the ones he chose.
Or maybe Bodd is one of those people who, like me, need a wide fit boot. That's something that neither SFX nor even Arco seem to realise, or give a damn about. One of the problems with wide fit boots is that there are plenty of cheapskate manufacturers out there who use the same steel toe protection on standard fit boots as they do on their wide fit boots - bloody idiots!

Although I'm a wide foot, a 10.5 fits well but I rarely see half sizes these days so it has to be an 11 with thick socks.
You have the same size clodhoppers that I have. As somebody said above (Bodd), try Cofra. They actually do a size 45 (10-1/2) in a wide fit with composite toecap and midsole protection. The last ones I bought have even got a breathable lining (Goretex). They required no breaking-in. At under £80 I thought they were a bargain, especially as the best boots I've ever had (Stietz Oslo II) ran around £150 in the UK when I last could find them (which ain't often). Boots shouldn't pinch. If they do you're heading for bunnions and club toe

Last edited by a moderator:
£150 for a pair of Doc Martin:eek: Used to get them from a mates dad for £1.50p when I was a lad and they were made in Northampton.

Sponsored Links
I purchased some saftey boots for my electrical course, I have worn them like 4 times, how come It hurts on the top side of my feet by my toe? Its a size 6, but it hurts by the side, can someone please give me some advice? I have read somewhere that all safety boots are the similar width, you can't get wide ones. My toes also touch the front part of the boots.
They're too small ! If your ties touch the front ....bigger boots thicker socks.

£150 for a pair of Doc Martin:eek: Used to get them from a mates dad for £1.50p when I was a lad and they were made in Northampton.
You can still buy a handful they advertise as made in England. But it will cost you another £30 for the privilege!

Lol. I left them under the stairs and a year and a bit later I found them a few weeks ago. I’ve since started wearing them, but obviously not for work. They are actually breaking in nicely and gave me good grip in the recent snow! https://www.drmartens.com/uk/en_gb/p/25600257

Didn't know they'd started manufacturing overseas as well and presumably they're made in China

Sponsored Links
Back