Sterling 10 alarm help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first post so be kind - and I know nothing much about electronics! We have just bought an empty house (that's been empty for 6 months) and there is absolutely no documentation with the Sterling 10 alarm. Is there anyway I can reset the system and obtain a user code myself without paying an extraordinary service charge? Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
Is there anyway I can reset the system and obtain a user code myself without paying an extraordinary service charge?
Been into a garage lately and asked for something for nothing, it's expertise and knowledge you pay for, so here's one long time alarm engineer who will not help, wrong attitude in the quote.

Is there anyway I can reset the system and obtain a user code myself without paying an extraordinary service charge?

you really need the engineers manual or some one to tell you exactly how its done.

see "lost / don't know alarm code" here

Sponsored Links
Wrong attitude? You really do make me laugh! To be told that I am to be charged £80 plus VAT for someone to come out, tap in an engineers code and then reset the user code is outrageous. A trained chimp could do that! I don't mind paying for expertise, I gladly paid for my gas engineer to come and sort a number of problems for me today. He worked bloody hard for his money and earned every penny. If the so called experts charged a decent rate and didn't want to fleece every penny they can get out of you then more people would be prepared to pay and not have to come on sites like this. Why bother replying to the thread if you can't help. The 'I've got the answer but I'm not telling you' brigade is why people feel ripped off in this country. Thanks for your help and your welcoming attitude to what was a genuine question for advice and direction. Well done. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back