Stickers on doors..good tip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son who is football mad had a load of stickers from the 2014 world cup left over... went into his bedroom after the world cup finished and the whole of the door was covered in stickers :evil: :evil: .. knew it would be a mare to clean/paint but a neighbour said spray it with wd40?? anyhow yesterday being a nice day took the door off into the garden peeled off what I could and the sticky part still stuck to the door sprayed the lot with wd40 ,had a cup of coffee and it just come off so easily it was unbelievable ...painted it and looks really good ...another use I have found for wd40 . There was once a list on here of what wd40 can do has anyone got it.

Sponsored Links
Good tip, what about residue though, did you clean / neutralise the wd40?

after it had all come off I just soaked a cloth in white spirits and wiped it all down but no issues with a gloss finish

Sponsored Links
Thats a good tip regarding WD40.

However, the best product I have ever used for getting rid of sticky residue such as this is 'Goo-Gone'. I bought a bottle from eBay years ago (I only use a tiny bit each time) and its been great at removing stickers etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back