Sticking Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

The door to my utility room is sticking, stuck so bad that the handle on the outer side has sheered off lol, it seems to be rubbing the frame on the latch side in places, do I plane/sand the frame or the door ?

thank you.

Sponsored Links
is this an internal or external door
external meaning cold/damp room on one side ??

how old is the room and door
is the first time its given problems ??
do you have a picture off the door ??

Sponsored Links
Room i'm not sure was here when we bought the house 2 years ago, door is new but not new new got it 2nd hand and yes this has been a problem since it was installed by myself just rubs on the frame as mentioned lock side.

No it was not door was second hand please advise if I can shave down the affected areas of the frame where it's hitting

i am trying to work out if the door has dropped from coming apart at the joints 'loose at the hinges' swollen or movement in the frame
you never normally adjust the frame because the frame will normally start square
if you lift the the door handle side does it push into the top hinge or does the door seem loose
are there gaps in the timbers where they come together??
if you open the door about 2" take a block off wood and tap with a hammer at any point its rubbing on the lock edge towards the hinge edge does that ease things??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back