Still having issues with the Texecom app unable to connect through ComWifi. Can anybody help please

@secureiam did Texecom ever get to the bottom of the intermittent issues regarding the Comwifi and connectivity to their push/email service or in fact any other computer's running Montex?

Its been about 12 months since the issues started but I've not kept up with the progress recently, did Texecom issue a fix or are they still working on it? I'm still effected and only received approx. 80% of push/emails from Texecom and my link to my own Montex test server also misses its polling for a while before working again just at random intervals, be interesting to hear of any developments?

Sponsored Links
Hi Paul, the answer as far as I am concerned is no, they say that firmware due to be released shortly would resolve the issues people have been having, again without testing it myself I wouldn't like to comment. I can say that version 3 firmware handles better, but its still not reliable enough and there are disclaimers.

I am suspecting in about 4 weeks that Texecom connect may become available for engineers to have a play with/ buy, this would be using version 4 firmware which I believe may contain the so called fix.

I also understand that easier setup for the apps is going to be available with version 4 firmware but have no idea for certain.

from that you can appreciate that I am guessing completely.

Cheers secureiam, glad I'm not using the comwifi as my primary alert (I'm using a 3rd party GSM dialler) as I'd not have any confidence in it at all in the event of a break in.

At least the comwifi was reasonably cheap and has helped me with 'tweaking' my programming now and again but as a primary path to an ARC is totally unfit for purpose, lets hope the Connect is a bit more reliable.

The Port Forwarding rule is assigned to both. You set it up by pointing to the device (in this case the ComWifi) and it then lists both the Mac Address and the IP address

Sponsored Links
should be fine then.

Paul, the issue is not the comwifi in all cases as similar issues can be seen with the comip when sending to the Texecom server, sending to my own Montex/ Texbase I don't see the issue, unless I interrupt the receiving pc/server in some way

I think PaulU is referring to the external ip address, how does the app track this dynamic address. Given my recent experience and speaking with texecom... When you configure the push sms service which uses the texecom servers there is an option to refresh/update the external ip address on the app hence it keeps track for you. I think this option was in the app. I guess if this is not selected you will lose connection in the way you describe when your lease expires. First one I have done but believe it may explain connection loss.

with update ip selected in the app, every time you log in the app it will update with the last ip sent to the Texecom server.

the rebooting of the comwifi and the system connecting externally should have no bearing on that function

Update. So far the app continues to work flawlessly. So the move to an address outside of the DHCP range seems to have cured the problem. I did have a moment this morning after trying the app and it failing where I thought the 'old' problem was back but then realised it was because I had left Wintex connected. As soon as I disconnected Wintex the app started working again. So app successfully running for nearly 2 days. Will report back on Monday if app still working.

a thought - assuming this is a fix how do we let other people know how so they don't go down the same rabbit holes as I did? do we rely on them checking forums and finding this thread?

Glad you've sort your local connection problem out but now you'll be effected by the bigger problem of the push/email messages being a bit sporadic.

This morning I set my alarm and went to work, no 'armed' notification received on my iPhone. Got to work and checked my own test Montex server (that runs on a PC here at work) and the same event was listed as expected. Therefore either the Texecom server didn't receive the event from my panel or they did receive it but their push/email server failed to deliver it, good job it wasn't a break in!

@nc if only it was that simple I have customers with it working within the dhcp range on the BThub 5.

so I would say its not consistent, in fact just got back from one customer who has that exact setup as hes want CCTV now.
He reports no issues as yet but probably isn't making any note of the notifications as such, although I am set up to keep an eye on his system as with a few of my customers.

Final Update (Hopefully) - after moving the ComWifi to a non-DHCP IP address its all working as it should - thanks to everyone for their help :) SecureIAm - yes aware that this might be a fix that works for me and not others and maybe some time in the future I might try again within the DHCP range but happy that its working now. Paulj48 I certainly get delays on notifications and occasionally a missing e-mail, but the fact that I can interrogate the panel remotely means that when I am away from the house I feel a little more secure.

Final thing I have to decide is whether its worth using the proximity tags - at the moment they sit unopened in a box. My concern is if I set them up and add to key ring - doesn't it make the house a little less secure if you loose your keys.....

The next phase will be to consider a Wireless (or maybe wired) camera I can add to set up - not sure if I should wait to see what connectivity Texecom Connect will offer......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back