Storm Drain Problem

The storm drain issue was discussed, however i think i am going to leave the drain well alone and try and do the garden to suit (hence the new post)
I can’t take any pics from the other side of the fence as i have no access, there is a banking leading away to a dual carriageway (all much lower than my garden)

Yes i guess it is a well.....lol

Im thinking of knocking some steel pipe through under the fence, maybe 4-5 of them along the fence obviously trying to get them as low as i can to allow the flow of water to run down the banking and let the road drainage deal with it.....???

Sponsored Links
Highways may well take a dislike to your proposed scheme if they come across it, so you could find yourself back in the current position before too long.... Have you spoken to Welsh Water?

Does the water pool slowly over time or does it rise suddenly when its raining, then disappear fairly swiftly once the rain has stopped?

It fills up pretty quickly, but if it stops raining it does seem to drain by the following day.
To be honest I think that when the bypass was built behind the house (way before my time) the site the bypass is located is exactly where the excess water would have run and drained!

Sponsored Links
Thats perfectly feasible, often major works like that can upset the water table. Legally IIRC lower ground has to accept the run off from higher ground, but if they've changed the landscape then it could have formed a dam, with your garden as the reservoir.....

Problem now is getting anything done after the amount of time that has lapsed, it needed bringing to the attention of the powers that be at the time so remedial works could have been put in place to drain the garden. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back