Straight Pan connector to an over 5" soil pipe 1970's s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there

Our Downstairs loo recently started to leak and so my father and I found the issue was a perished connector ring.

But the problem is that we cannot find any modern (or old) connectors that will join up to the 5" exit/soil pipe. (we actually did find one flexi connector available from an distro in africa but dont feel to confident on that)

The loo itself appears to have the standard "out" size but no search shows up any connector that will correctly link in.

Obviously, as rank amateurs we need a little assistance, in basic terms, I have seen folk with similar issues but none exactly the same or with solution that were, lets say, a little technical for me to follow.

My Father is the DIY bloke, but I'd also like to be able to follow the process, to ensure no bodge job is done.

A large Ask, I understand but can you assist?, I can take pics/sketches/even create floorplans if you wish.

Just to repeat. Standard out pipe on rear of loo to wall to oversize 5" soil pipe (which then turns 90 degrees to the left and then joins the boxed off main soil pipe down).

Ta Muchly.

Rgds

OrLoK

Sponsored Links
Update: I may have made a novice error.

we were measuring the outermost diameter of the pipe which slides over the loo "out pipe" so Im guessing it is indeed a 4" out pipe.

Which makes me feel rather silly, but if one of you good chaps/chapesses could confirm that I'd be very grateful indeed.

Rgds

OrLoK

Update: I may have made a novice error.

we were measuring the outermost diameter of the pipe which slides over the loo "out pipe" so Im guessing it is indeed a 4" out pipe.

OrLoK
It is a 4 incher ;) that 5 inch bit probably had a rubber thing stretched over it - that perished over 30 years - I used to fit them ( cuz I was told to ) surprised it lasted that long :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Hello there

Firstly, apologies for the sig infraction.

Secondly, splendid! As I thought, we got so wrapped up in the issue we couldnt see the wood for the trees.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Rgds

LoK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back