Strange Boilermate A class problem, screen keeps freezing!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all!

I'm hoping that someone can shed some light in an 'issue' with my boliermate HP DEM??? It is kind of hard to explain, but fairly frequently, the whole thing, including the display seems to freeze, and just continues in whatever mode it is stuck in. If I turn the boilermate on, it will work for a good few hours as it should. But then I check the temperatures on the display and all the numbers seem stuck and it shows a water temperature of, say, 60 deg, but really it has dropped much lower (due to use).

I can turn it off and on again, and it is fine for a few more hours. I can navigate the menu, but all the sensor temps don't change. If one of the pumps was running when it froze, then they keep running, even though the heat pump boiler has stopped producing heat.

Any ideas???

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
This is a Gledhill Thermal Store yes? If yes i would suspect the main PCB on the store is at fault, there are only the board, sensors x2, clock and pumps to go wrong electrically, oh and the emergency elec back up.

You can preety much rule out clock, pumps, back up, which leaves you the sensors, but if these wer at fault, you would suspect fluctuating temp probs, not a board display sticking, so from what you've said and presuming i'm on the correct appliance, i would say PCB, however would need to see to be sure

Hello, yes this is a thermal store. There are two circuit boards I think, the main PCB and there is one behind the display/controls. I was thinking it was the main PCB as the buttons still work, so guess that means the second PCB is still ok. Sometimes when it turns on, the display shows gobbledgook, (but is still controllable!), so the main PCB is looking more likely I guess?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back