Strange CH Behavour - Gas Pressure issue ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is a strange problem (Or not)
I have a CH system with A Potterton Suprima 60 Boiler (New type of board) with new Control valves that were replaced last year
The CH has been working fine with no problems until the cold weather started 2 weeks ago
Here is what is happening.
During the day the boiler (when timer is set to switch it on or when we set it manually) switch it self on. The problem is that it doesn't stay on for long and the led goes to flash green which means temp has been reached (all units around the house are just not cold at this stage).
Now my immediate reaction when that happened was to check the thermostat of both the CH and hot water and both of them tested fine. The next check was the thermistor within the Boiler and that was fine as well. I started thinking that it might be something else wrong but during the evening (about 19:00 onwards) the CH start working without any problems at all. I have been monitoring this for the last 3-4 days and its the same everyday
I have asked my wife to check the hob during the day and she told be that the light is very weak during the day and she cannot even boil some pasta.
That tells me is a gas supply problem during the day but again I cannot explain why in the evening is fine (We do not have any big instustry anywhere near us). Its worth noteting that we are on top of a hill and the last road so I am not sure if we are at the end of the pipe.
Any ideas on how to deal with this ? Shall I report it to the gas supplier or to National Grid ? Or is it something else I can do. I did check and there is no known fault in the area but who knows ?
Any ideas or advice are welcome

Sponsored Links
Call the energency number for the gas supplier (used to be Transco) which is 0800111999 and tell them your cooker flames are going really low.
Sounds like a meter governor (gas pressure regulator) fault. They'll be there within an hour or so.

All Free of £.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back