Strange lighting circuit in my mum's bathroom

Has she never moaned that when the bulb in the bathroom goes she can't get the mirror light to come on either?

Or has she not had the bulb go for 2 or 3 years? What brand is it?

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds
Circuit is not on an RCD. I was sure the mirror was lit by a couple of GU10s but she seems to think it's a little flourescent tube. Main light is a triple incandescent if I remember rightly

Not much chance of three bulbs blowing at the same time. :)

So mum, apparently, put up with this situation for a 'couple of years' - and it's only now 'come to light' since the 'boyfriend' left?

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".........

Lucia

Sponsored Links
Has she never moaned that when the bulb in the bathroom goes she can't get the mirror light to come on either?

Or has she not had the bulb go for 2 or 3 years? What brand is it?
I don't know sorry, I left home about 7 or 8 years ago. I don't go back very often. I know she used to be obsessed with energy savers when they first came out, remember the ones that took about 15 minutes to warm up? But I don't know if it was using those or not

Then a big boy left it on the bus and ran away and the dog ate it
Sorry, you lost me there. Private joke? :confused:

So mum, apparently, put up with this situation for a 'couple of years' - and it's only now 'come to light' since the 'boyfriend' left?

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".........

Lucia
I like the pun, but again am I missing something? Someone told her it wasn't safe to not be able to turn all the lights off in one go in the bathroom, I don't think fury had much to do with it.

'Safety' ought to be considered as an absence of 'Danger' (as defined), but it's often confused with 'inconvenience'.........

Single women are so vulnerable, aren't they?

Lucia.

Sorry, you lost me there. Private joke? :confused:
No - just a mashing together of a few traditional excuses:

"Where's your homework/games kit/pencil box/lab coat/textbook......"

"A big boy took it and ran away"
"Left it on the bus"
"The dog ate it"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back