Mirror Lighting Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just put up a new mirror with build in spot lights. However there is no switch just the 3 wires with a plastic connector. The wires from the supply are coming out of the wall (tilied over) this is NOT connected to the main bathroom lights but seperate. I have just connected them together but the light stays on continuous. Bearing in mind this is the bathroom and the mirror hangs over the basin. HOW AND WHAT TYPE OF SWITCH DO I ADD SO THAT I CAN TURN THE SPOTS ON AND OFF INDEPENDANT OF THE MAIN BATHROOM LIGHTS? There is only a 10cm gap between the wall & mirror so no bulky switches.

Sponsored Links
7179_l.jpg

Find out where its wired from (ie, light fitting in bathroom) & connect it to the switched side.....so when bathroom light is on, so is the mirror..

More versatile, I feel, to have a switch inserted in the existing live feed. That way, the light can be on independently of the bathroom light.

Sponsored Links
You could look into the possibility of running an extra switch wire to the light switch supplying the bathroom and replacing the switch with one, which has an extra gang. (This may be difficult in your particular installation)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back