strange one

E

EddieM

I used to have 2 cats, brothers, who strangely used to fight like, err, well cats. However when a stranger cat entered the garden they stood shoulder to and saw it off. I feel the same thing applies to us, ok, some don't particularly like the Irish or the Welch or the Irish (i'm not one of those) but put in a really sticky spot i would want a Welchman, Scotsman and Irishman by my side. Leave US to argue the toss!!! Anyone feel the same, I've always felt very welcome in all those countries.

Sponsored Links
well in essence, we have our gripes with each other but don't mess!

Sponsored Links
Yep I can concur that despite everything the United Kingdom DOES have a common goal if threatened.
In the Army whenever different battalions were garrisoned together they would fight non stop. It was so amusing in Tidworth in the early eighties when the Scots guards where stationed with the Irish Rangers the local town was a continual Bloodbath but sent on exercise or battle they would fight side by side.
On a major exercise once I immediatelty turned around when I entered the NAAFI as the Scots guards had debagged a Welsh Guard and had him dancing on a table to bagpipes.

But despite the black eyes and name calling you could count on each other in a battle situation.

However I think things have changed. Scots have become extremely Partisan and racist against the English thanks to being nannied by liberal apologists of Labour persuasion creating a victimhood of Scotland.

I used to have 2 cats, brothers, who strangely used to fight like, err, well cats. However when a stranger cat entered the garden they stood shoulder to and saw it off. I feel the same thing applies to us, ok, some don't particularly like the Irish or the Welch or the Irish (i'm not one of those) but put in a really sticky spot i would want a Welchman, Scotsman and Irishman by my side. Leave US to argue the toss!!! Anyone feel the same, I've always felt very welcome in all those countries.

are you sure about Wales?

I know what you mean If earth was occupied by an alien force we would all be brothers in arms.

For some reason human beings just like to fight each other. We are not happy unless there is some sort of conflict with someone. Each nation tends to dislike their immediate neighbours because it's easy - until something better comes along where they can join together.

Yeah no problem with the Welsh, beautiful country. Some scots can be a bit anti english, but the majority are fine. One of my mates is a staunch irishman, grew up in Belfast and considered joining the IRA as he "hated" the English. He got a job in London (before it became the UN) and found that us lot weren't actally all that bad. Another mate grew up in Glasgow the Gorbals to be precise, same thing. The same kind of thing happens on this board, we argue and bicker, some of it in jest, some not, but you have to "earn" ur stripes, I.e if a newbie comes to the site mouthing off they get immediately shot down... Guess its just human psychology... Better the devil you know.

Yeah no problem with the Welsh, beautiful country.

Do you not remember the Welsh Nationalists in the late 70's and 80's setting fire to holiday homes bought by English people? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meibion_Glyndŵr

;) ;)

Double standards spring to mind here. They did this because the English were out-pricing the local folk and to add insult to injury they were only occupying these homes for a few weeks a year. How would you feel if an Eastern European family bought the house next to you at an exorbitant price, thereby possibly forcing up prices in your area and denying local young couples the chance to get on the property ladder. And then the EE's only used the house next door to you a few weeks holiday each year?
And the final comment is that we expect foreigners to learn our language yet we, as a nation, are amongst the lowest who are willing to learn a different language, especially the language of our immediate neighbours, the Welsh.

I agree with Eddie by the way. Give me a 'local' lad to watch each others back any time.

Not quite sure what you're saying, Eddie?

Why doesn't that surprise me? :rolleyes:

You take great delight in picking holes, joe. Enjoy getting a rise out of people?

Maybe you were a bully at school.

Bullies are bullies for a reason, joe. They are inadequate people.

Carry on being inadequate if you like.

I've bullied no-one - not ever. I simply pointed out that you are a bit 'slow' (to say the least.)

Don't get me on that again. I've been what you call a bit 'slow' all my life.

I call it Cerebral Palsy.

Why it's in ' ', I don't know. Unless you're trying to excuse the fact you're insulting me.

Better to have explained it, or said nothing and left Eddie to explain it.

Sponsored Links
Back