Strange Radiator Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a very small rad in my cloakroom. I have opened the lockshield valve fully, and also the TRV is set to 5. The rad only warms on the bottom, and only lukewarm. My first thought was to bleed the rad, but nothing comes out (no water OR air). I have even opened the bleed valve fully by removing the screw and nothing!

I've never come across this, can anyone offer any suggestions?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but the search doesn't seem to be working.

Just to add, the system was only installed last year as part of a renovation, and has only been used in the last few weeks. New combi boiler fitted (Worcester Bosch Junior 28i). All other rads seem ok, although I'm still having to periodically bleed the bathroom rad a little.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply - that was quick!

It doesn't have what I would think of asa normal bleed valve, it has a screw in the top that I have fully removed leaving a hole, is it likely to be that blocked?

Close the valves and unscrew them from the rad, then open them with a bucket under them to see what comes out. Is the system on microbore?

Sponsored Links
Close the valves and unscrew them from the rad, then open them with a bucket under them to see what comes out. Is the system on microbore?

Thank you, I will try this tonight!

i assume the boiler is working correctly.

what does the pressure gauge read ?

Boiler is working fine (at least as far as I can tell - it heats water and warms the radiators)just been serviced! Pressure is just over 1 bar.

Stuck down TRV pin perhaps?

Thanks, I will have a look at the TRV tonight.

The thing I find odd is the fact no air or water comes out of the bleed valve!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back