Strikes

RMT may not involve train drivers but ASLEF does, and they have called strike action, don't take my word for it, visit their website, I put a link up earlier.
Oh stop whining.

There will be loads more strikes in 1970s Brexit Britain.

the next 2 years will be dogged with industrial action.

Sponsored Links
RMT may not involve train drivers but ASLEF does, and they have called strike action, don't take my word for it, visit their website, I put a link up earlier.
I note your hero Johnson has conveniently buggered off abroad to avoid the bye election results.

Tories trying to bribe pensioners didn’t work.

@Notch7 hates everyone and everything. One of those fools who knows what he doesn’t want, which is everything, but no idea of who or how it can be made good. Sits there berating everyone and everything all day. A true hater. How sad.
And don’t ask him about ..............diy.

Union negotiations can not be as bad as people might think. If they were companies would go bankrupt so they have to be realistic or no jobs. The aim is adjustments of profits and pay.

How this fits in with the current situation pass but they will be aware of the spiral aspects so it could be a case of will members listen to them. They usually do.

Might pay to also bear in mind that bad press for members who are on strike is a consideration companies will include in their thought processes. They do not expect an immediate solution in areas like this. Both sides want their best result which is why the process is called negotiation.

Mind you network rail etc is such a hodge podge I haven't a clue what will happen. Seems some disputes some where have been settled.

LOL A Tory idea seems to be to prevent them from working overtime later to recover lost pay due to the strike. Companies like a degree of overtime as it means less people. A pay level that encourages that is also favourite.

The airlines are getting plenty of press at the moment. Cancelled flights as not enough people. I wonder what they want.

Sponsored Links
Where are they going to find suitably skilled agency workers to fill the jobs?

Would you fancy risking your life on a train staffed by untrained minimum wage monkeys?

Similarly in the NHS or any other occupation...

I recall the words of a firefighter I know who when the Green Goddesses were called in to 'strike break', the reaction was 'the troops would do better if they p*ssed on a fire to put it out'!
The priority of the Armed Services during the 2002 fireman's strike was to support the civil community and 'save life'. A fast reaction crew with BA and portable equipment would be driven to the scene by local police to check all occupants of the burning building were safe and then wait for the Green Goddesses and crews to pitch up. Putting the fire out was a secondary objective. If it was a large incident with personnel in danger ie a hospital or block of flats, the striking firemen would pitch up.

The airlines are getting plenty of press at the moment. Cancelled flights as not enough people. I wonder what they want.
I read earlier, can't remember where, that BA had cut the pay of workers by 10% during the pandemic but have not put it back up to 100% for everyone, only the managers.

If that's true, I think they may well have a valid case.

I read earlier, can't remember where, that BA had cut the pay of workers by 10% during the pandemic but have not put it back up to 100% for everyone, only the managers.

Yes, BA forced a fire and rehire, lowering wages by 10%, during the pandemic when the workers weren’t working so couldn’t do anything about it.

Yes they do have a valid case

Yes, they managed to finally lose all the long serving aircrew who were on the 'old contract', quite a good contract by all accounts, then fired and rehired the rest at a lower rate. It's not just the airlines, airports have done the same with ground crew, baggage handlers, security etc.
Major airports have gone from being high wage environments to low wage environments.

It's not just the UK, the mad Irishman O'Leary is still blaming Brexit but I saw announcements today that Ryanair air facing strikes all over Europe.

I'm no fan of strike action but I would support strike action by airport workers.

I don't support the RMT, and I certainly won't support the knock on effect it will have in the public sector, expect strikes in teaching, civil service et al in the near future.

I wonder what they want - the airlines. They know there will be a strike.

Yes the pay cut is still enforced and they want the 10% back. This one uses an affiliated union. The Network Rail one isn't. An interviewer had to bring out the affiliated aspect - an example of the type of slanted interest news I mentioned. Any strike has f' all to do with the Labour party,

Network Rail is privitised - big joke but if so why haven't they had the 8% pay rise private companies have paid out. Fact is many will not have increased wages that much.

I think it's Ryan air that has another problem. People they employ in Spain want the same as the French and Germans get in the same jobs. Might not be Ryan might be one of the others.

You think a baggage handler and other jobs in airports are high pay?

I grew up near Heathrow and without exception all workers tended to be on above average pay, probably started to change around 20 years ago but accelerated rapidly because of Covid.

I don’t use the trains plus where I keep my cars is right beside a railway line and it is now quiet

So on that basis I support the RMT :)

Why not? I can't wait for a drivel answer indicating you haven't a clue about what you are spouting about.

You won't have to wait, I don't support the strike action because I feel the average salary of those workers and the settlements already on offer don't justify strike action, that's why they have little support. Also the 'spanish practices' and refusal to accept modernisation.

Name me another industry whereby if a manager 'speaks to a union member during their break time' that member is entitled to start their break again from the beginning.

I mean, WTF, really? What sort of idiot would support those practises, well, you clearly do.

Sponsored Links
Back