Stud Wall Containing Soil Pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this should be here on the plumbing section, but I'm wondering if there's a way to contain a soil pipe for a toilet, inside of a stud wall?

The wall doesn't exist yet, so I'm flexible on size. The wall will be part of the first floor bathroom, where the toilet will go. I'd like to bring the soil pipe from there, straight up, into the loft above, ready for a second bathroom.

Is there a standard why to go about this?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I can't comment on the regs that exist nowadays but I used to work in a building (70's built) where the down pipes ran through rooms and were boxed in with ply/ blockboard

Stud walls are often thinner than a down pipe.

One problem that existed was that the gent's was on the equivalent of the 4/5th floor in a domestic building and every time somebody took a dump, downstairs heard everything bounce down the pipe as it flushed.

A friend lives in a 60's built house with no visible down pipe at the back so assume that it is boxed in somehow.

Try to indicate it's presence somehow otherwise in future somebody might stick a drill through it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back