Stud wall plastering question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

I plan to install internal french doors into a gap but I need to add some stud-work on either side and a header plate.

One side the stud wall will meet an existing wall at 90 deg so straightforward. However, the other side needs to join onto an existing section of wall. This section is 125mm thick. I'm thinking if I use 89mm thick timber for the new section and then 12.5mm plasterboard either side it will come to 114mm and leave the new section 11mm (or 5.5mm on each side) thinner than the wall it abuts to.

Is this ok? Will this be enough or too much for a plasterer to match the thickness of the existing wall.

Many thanks.

Craig.

Sponsored Links
The 5.5mm can be feathered out over a distance, but your wall won’t be perfectly straight unless they do a coat of bonding over the whole length of your new wall. You could use another layer of 9.5mm board on one side to get it pretty much spot on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back