Stuffing Glands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've heard the term Stuffing Gland which I believe is used for non armoured cable. Could someone please explain where these glands would be used, are they waterproof and how are they assembled say in an IP56 box for use outside.

Do they differ from PVC glands in any way?

Pics would be good to explain if anyone have any.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
stuffing gland - trs gland - pvc gland.

thumbPadded.php

Used on flex, fp200 etc. If using on flat T+E you should get the ones with an elongated hole in the rubber bung - although most sparks dont bother!

the manufacturer should tell you the IP rating and range of cable sizes of a particular gland.

They provide both waterproofing and cable restraint, use them with flex FP200 split con etc. You can also get ones for T&E but i doubt they seal as well and if you are using a gland for T&E it probablly means something is wrong with your installation design in the first place.

Sponsored Links
Thanks boys, thats what I thought they were. I will probably be using them to connect the fglex from the water feature on the patio to the IP56 adaptable box where the SWA terminates.

Can anyone recommend a suitable flexcable 1.5mm to use for this that is UV resistant and conforms to regs.

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back