Stupid me or stupid TV????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sony Bravia TV, can not get it to tune in to my virgin media digi box.
Claims there is no signal, but I have tried another TV and that seems to think there is a signal as all channels are up and running.
But the Bravia not playing. :mad:
So help needed!

Sponsored Links
have you got the ariel connected to the tv or just the scart!!!

you dont need to tune in the scart just select the correct socket input [av1 av2 ect]

did you have the virgin turned on during the tunning !! if not it wont find it

so basicly you need the virgin turned on with input signal on and coax plugged in for "tunning" to find it

Hi big-all, sorry for belated reply bed was calling, been a long day :(
Only scart between box and TV. I have no ariel connection in this location in the house. So ariel connection could not be made.
The box was on, as I swapped it from the TV that was there at the time and was working on that TV then and back again after failed attempt on the Bravia, it was still on. I never turned power off to box or put in stand by, the only thing I did was swap the scart lead connection over on the TVs to the smart start port on The Bravia. :confused:

Updated info,
whilst sleeping in the night, looks like Santa's little helpers have been around. :D
The TV has now got programmes tuned in, can't figure that out :confused: as last night no programmes found was the message from the TV, when I gave up and went a forum visiting, then bed. :mad:

So hopefully it's working as it should be, don't quite get way but it is. :confused:

Thank You, big-all for your considerations to my problem, may I take this opportunity to wish you, your family and loved ones a Very Merry Christmas and an enjoyable festive period.
PBoD

Sponsored Links
at least you will have happy veiwing now :D :D
happy mass and a p1$$y new year to you and yours have a good un :D :D

It wasn't on the correct AV channel, if you switch the box off and on again it will automatically switch it over, which is probably what you did.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back