Suggestions for shower pump.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am desperate for suggestions as to the best shower pump given that my flow rate is just over 2 litres per minute.
Most pumps require a 4 litre flow rate as minimum.
Anyone got any suggestions for a suitable pump? It will need to pump both hot & cold water.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Where are you measuring the flow rate? If from the head of an existing shower, which will be about 2 Meters above the bathroom floor, you are likely to get a low reading. Try measuring the flow rate from the bath taps. Any pump is likely to be installed level with the base of the hot water cylinder which will have more pressure from the cold water storage cistern and therefore a better flow rate for a given size of pipe.

Thanks Oldbuffer. Have measured flow rate at bath tap, which approximately same height as pump in the cylinder cupboard, and rate has increased to 3 litres.
Took dodgy pump back to SF who offered an exchange or refund with no quibble as I had only had the existing pump for two months. Settled on a Salamander 75+ as an upgrade from the CT50 Extra and everything seems to be working fine. Bloke did say that you sometimes get a dodgy one but just to return it. Same applies to the new one. If it goes faulty just return and get a refund or exchange.
Now that is good service. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back