suitable shower for combi with cold water storage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon,

Did not want to hijack the other post about cold water storage.
A relative is having a combi installed by Iguana Heating under the Warm Front Grant. To keep the costs down they are keeping the cold water storage in the loft. Could some one please suggest a suitable shower for this situation. The shower is located on the ground floor of a 2 storey house.

Many thanks Si

Sponsored Links
Unless they fit some sort of pressure reducing valve on the hot supply to the shower I can't see how it can work properly as the hot will be nearly mains pressure and the cold being tank fed will not be as powerful so the pressures will not be balanced.

It really needs the cold to be mains fed as well.

Why can't they just join the cold tank cold feed to the cold outlet from the cold tank, thereby making it a mains cold :rolleyes:

Thanks Gas4You.

As the boiler is being put in basically for free under the grant, I think they have to keep the costs down so that they can help as many people as possible.
Under the grant you get a new boiler and 5 rads. This is being put in completely seperately from the existing heating system, that is currently a one pipe system heated by a Kingfisher 2 floor standing O/F boiler. As a result I will be the one to go in and remove all the radiators, water tank and boiler after the new system has been installed. Deep joy!!!

Thanks for your reply and I will make sure that they are asked if they can do this when they come to install the new boiler.

cheers Si

Whether you pay for the job or get it all for free, it must be fitted to enable the shower, or existing compents still left in use, to work efficiently and properly.

Sponsored Links
thank you again.

If they do as you say, missing out the storage cistern this will obviously have a knock on effect due to the higher cold pressure to the toilets, sinks and baths of the house. How could this be overcome?

thanks for your input Si

You only have to think about the toilets. All that needs to be done is change the low pressure insert in the ball valve to a high pressure one.

Better pressure at sinks etc will be an advantage, as will the fact that all cold water will be fresh and clean rather than stored water from the tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back