Summer House with Pent Felt Roof - Roofing Options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just had a summer house installed which has had a layer of 'green' felt placed on top of the t&g roof boards. The installers quite rightly warn that if we want to insulate, install electrics and use as a more-often-than-not room then we would be better off with a more permanent roof.

They advised box section (or equivalent) sheet and to place this on top of the new felt for additional protection. Would you advise this?

Any other options I should be looking into?

Sponsored Links
celetex over the top, then 11mm osb board, then epdm.

You will need new fascia and edge trims to suit.

Hi thanks for your reply. I was hoping to insulate from inside between the rafters rather than add more height.

If I was to go the way you suggested though would you remove the existing felt or celotex and board straight over?

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for your reply. I was hoping to insulate from inside between the rafters rather than add more height.

If I was to go the way you suggested though would you remove the existing felt or celotex and board straight over?

You could celotex inside and overboard outside then epdm -probably remove existing felt so its not bumpy and therefore no air pocket, which are best avoided on a warm roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back