Sunvic TLX 9201 doesn't fire boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have recently replaced my old Sunvic SP 50 on a new Pro 2000. At the same time I have decided to replace a room termostat TLX 2259 on a new model TLX9201. Since then have noticed thermostat can't fire a boiler automatically. Temperature in the room is well below 20 when click on thermostat I can hear around 24 centigrades. To switch a boiler I have manually turn a knob above 24. Wiring for a new termostatis:
1 - Common (L)
2 - Satisfied
3 - empty
4 - Neutral.

What can be a reason? Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
You're going to need to provide a lot more information than that! What changes did you make to your wiring/how was it wired before/how is it wired now?

1- common (red)
2-empty
3-demand (yellow)
4- Neutral (blue)

Sponsored Links
And the programmer? How was it wired before and how is it wired now?

Good question. I have no idea how it was. Electrician said that everything is working but it doesn't. I suspect some wrong wiring. Can you tell me how Sunvic Pro 200 should be wire and where thermostat should be connect please? I have noticed that terminal 4 (which is CH off) on Pro 2000 plate has not wire plugged. Is it OK?

Attachments

• IMG_3937.JPG
    IMG_3937.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_3938.JPG
    IMG_3938.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 286
Hi again in the New Year!
I still have a problem with a boiler. As I wrote previously thermostat doesn't fire up a boiler when temperature drops. I have to move knob manually and it starts. Thermostat shows also wrong temperature, around 26-28 Centigrades when in the room is around 20. It was connected as Sunvic says. I have replaced thermostat and it is exactly the same. I have plugged a fuse in programmator PRO2000 and wanted checkin will work as a thermostat. Again it did not fire up until I tough the wall thermostat. What is going on? I have no clue what to do know. Electrician who was replacing thermostat is quite and looks like he doesn't want to do that.Can you advise me what to do now please? Thanks

get a heating engineer, who knows what he's doing, many electricians don't know heating problems

Today, I went to Srewfix and bought the cheapest Drayton thermostat. I have replaced with a Sunvic and boiler fired up. After that I have replaced on the old Sunvic TLX 2259 (original one) and I blow the fuse. I put again the Drayton one (model RTS8) and boiler started working. Now I am completely lost. Do you have any suggestions ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back