Supa 400 gas fire.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP, I have a bird stuck behind my gas fire, which I can`t pull out, according to the instructions there should be an isolator on the inlet elbow, but there isn't one, the gas pipe is straight out of the control valve, bent through 90degree, and disappears off into the flue housing.

Any ideas?? I wanted to isolate, remove the fire, then get someone to re-connect it for me, but Im not going to be able to live with the gas turned off on the mains!

Im thinking cowboy installer, judging by some of the other plumbing in the house!

Sponsored Links
Although you have the right idea about getting someone in to re-connect your fire it would also be sensible to get the same person to remove it aswell. Firstly because to some it will look like your trying to get them to fit a second hand gas fire and also its helpful to know exactly how things come out, makes it easier when putting back!

Get a corgi who is registered for fire to remove it and hopefully he will get the bird out for you whilst he is there and then refit it. Most will have a minimum charge for one hours work anyway and hopefully if the bird behaves it can be done in the hour ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi, have just had someone out to do the lot, luckily was on his way home when i phoned, although he will be calling back, to fit an isolator, as there isnt one on the gas feed, had to turn off the mains!

thanks for the advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back