Superb Construction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son sent me this picture from his hotel room. Spot the deliberate mistake!

Attachments

• facebook_1548360977828.jpg
    facebook_1548360977828.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 257
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Double whammy, sockets where door is going and the trim. Poor planning there.
As with the cases one hears of (one of which I personally witnessed) of the only entrances into a room being totally bricked up during a new build (and then plastered - totally concealing the existence of the room!) one has to ask some very serious questions about the sanity, intelligence and mentality of the person who actually did it - no matter what the plans might indicate!

Kind Regards, John

Maybe the site manager was asleep in the room at the time.
Maybe!

I'm sure I will have previously told the story of the case I witnessed, 50+ years ago, but (for newcomers!) ..... It was a brand new hospital, and it was a couple of years after it had (partially) opened that the Theatre Superintendent realised that she was 'missing' an operating theatre (they were numbered something like 1,2,3,4,6). It took a lot of scratching heads over plans, and ultimately a man with a sledgehammer, to resolve the issue - and not only was the missing theatre there, but it was totally finished and 'fitted out' (tiled walls and floor, electrics/plumbing/gases all in etc.)!!

Kind Regards, John

Sounds like Aberystwyth.
It might sound like it, but it wasn't :)

However, I really do have to 'wonder about' the guy who put in the last few of those bricks!!

There was, of course, 'an enquiry' into the issue but, as you can imagine, it seemingly went on for ever and I don't think it reached any real conclusions, even though fingers were being pointed at everyone under the sun (if I recall correctly, ironically one of the people who got the most flak was the Theatre Superintendent, for not have noticed, and 'reported', the problem much earlier!).

Kind Regards, John

My father talked about a few houses that he worked on as a joiner. When the new owners moved in the coal fires would not burn properly, it turned out that the brickies had been sacked and were working their weeks notice so they built the chimneys without the required hole for the smoke to go up. It must have cost a lot to sort that one out.

My father talked about a few houses that he worked on as a joiner. When the new owners moved in the coal fires would not burn properly, it turned out that the brickies had been sacked and were working their weeks notice so they built the chimneys without the required hole for the smoke to go up. It must have cost a lot to sort that one out.
:)

Interestingly (and perhaps surprisingly), in the hospital case, I don't recall any significant suspicion being voiced (at least, not 'in public') that it had been done deliberately.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back