superior 60 fan will 40/50 model fan work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any one familiar with sime superior boilers. I have been given 3 wrong fans even though i give the part no,i have a fan for a 40/50 superior will it work,or to weak to run the 60 mark 2,thank you

Sponsored Links
You should not use the wrong fan.

Nor should you really be changing combustion related parts like the fan when you are not CORGI registered or gas competent!

Tony

corgi reg,ive proberley been reg as long as you,and ive worked on more types of boiler than you have seen,youve got a cheek

Sponsored Links
If you are so good and so experienced, how come you have the habit of trying the wrong fans? Not to mention asking the obvious? Did you actually score over 60% on your acs?

corgi reg,ive proberley been reg as long as you,and ive worked on more types of boiler than you have seen,youve got a cheek

If you were born in 1974 then I probably fitted a boiler before you were even ( ill ) conceived!

Even a gas fitter should be able to realise that the flow rate of the fan determines its ability to safely remove the products of combustion and allow the ingress of sufficient oxygen to fully burn the gas!

Its highly dangerous putting a lower power fan as that risks producing excessive carbon monoxide !

Terry at Sime should be giving anyone there a disciplinary interview if they really gave you that advice! Thats was highly irresponsibile and CORGI should be investigating them IF its really true. But we also know from your other postings that you do not tell the truth!

As you say that you are CORGi registered under some of your many posting names, then thats a highly irresponsible of you too! But you must know that your capabilities are limited as you have to hide your identity!

Perhaps thats the difference between a "fitter" and an "engineer" ?

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back