Supermarket parking - really?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't usually go around taking pictures of crap parking but this one excelled on so many levels. Why take up 1 disabled bay when you can cover 2?.

And yes no disabled badge shown.
20221211_152415.png

Sponsored Links
Is there not a website where you can post pictures of bad parkers?
Whoever parked that there is a five star bell end.

I usually go to customers services and demand they make an announcement to the relevant driver of the registered vehicle.
Doesn't matter if they park badly or fail to display a blue badge.
At our local Sainsburys a few years ago the girl on CS said she couldn't do that as it was an outside company who managed the car parking.
I said, "In that case can you contact Steve please and ask him to come down and see me?"
She asked who Steve was. I said "Steve XXXX, he happens to be your branch manager and I'm sure he will tell you to make the announcement."
She asked, "Do you know him then."
"Yes", I replied, "in fact here he comes now."
She picked up the microphone and quickly made the announcement.
I wouldn't have known Steve from Adam except his picture and name were displayed on the wall behind her! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Perhaps in a huge rush. Crying out for two disabled people to turn up and block it in, then make their way very slowly around the shop

Years ago I was waiting outside Boots in a local retail park waiting for it to open. I wouldn't have been there crack of dawn so they must have been opening a bit later after staff training or something. Anyways there was an empty disabled space beside where we were standing. A Range Rover pulled into it at quite a rate and two young women jumped out and started to head across to other shops.

'Don't think you're meant to park there' said one of the folk standing outside Boots.

'Why don't you f*** off!!!' was the polite reply shouted back.

I think the guy had a quick look and there was no blue badge.

I came across this a few months back. The guy saw me taking the picture and followed me round the block demanding to see my phone. He was very aggressive and threatened me with the power tool he was holding (he was building/repairing) the fence. He did an about turn when I dialled 999.
20220323_184703.jpg

Maybe the van was working on site and needed side door and rear access. So parked like that..

I've parked like that for a reason.. Don't stop comments or people parking too close for me to gain access.

They should really put sign up if they are working

I came across this a few months back. The guy saw me taking the picture and followed me round the block demanding to see my phone. He was very aggressive and threatened me with the power tool he was holding (he was building/repairing) the fence. He did an about turn when I dialled 999.

I have some sympathy with the way that is parked, if the guy was working on the fence - It keeps people out and from straying into his working area.

I have some sympathy with the way that is parked, if the guy was working on the fence - It keeps people out and from straying into his working area.
Yeah it's a tricky one. On the one hand, of course pavements should be kept clear for those needing to use them in whatever capacity, however folk like tradespeople and delivery drivers have my sympathy.

Maybe the van was working on site and needed side door and rear access. So parked like that..

I've parked like that for a reason.. Don't stop comments or people parking too close for me to gain access.

They should really put sign up if they are working
He wasn't working on the fence alongside the van, he was working on the new fence in the foreground. And, there was a space in that garden for parking.

Sponsored Links
Back