Supp bonding

Ask yourself a few questions.

Is it a new circuit? No
Is it in a special location? No

So the answer to your question?

Sponsored Links
tim-spam said:
"Installing or upgrading of supplementary or Main equipotential bonding does not need notifying to the local building control officer." (Quote from paul Cook).

Is this true?

You can't upgrade supplementary bonding in a special location e.g. bathroom without notifying BC.

"DESCRIPTIONS OF WORK WHERE NO BUILDING NOTICE OR DEPOSIT OF FULL PLANS REQUIRED

2. Work which -

(a) is not in a kitchen, or a special location,
(b) does not involve work on a special installation, and
(c) consists of -
(i) adding light fittings and switches to an existing circuit;
(ii) adding socket outlets and fused spurs to an existing ring or radial circuit; or
(iii) installing or upgrading main or supplementary equipotential bonding."

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2004/20041808.htm

Sponsored Links
dingbat said:
securespark said:
Just for your information, I was born the year the 14th was introduced!!

Why you young pup! (Oh, and Happy Fortieth this year!)

Been there, got a few more years before the 50th. Done my first few years app on the 14th, and now I use the 16th to squash flys

securespark said:
Are you propsitioning me, Pens??

As soon as I wrote that I thought ****, I'm gonna get some flack but I was lazy to change it :LOL:

teesdalespark said:
You can't upgrade supplementary bonding in a special location e.g. bathroom without notifying BC.

You don't normally have supplementary bonding in a special location. You have Equipotential bonding is these locations

Check the definitions of supplementary and Equipotential in the regs, there is a difference

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back