supply earth Q

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When completeing a EIC on a TNS how is main earthing conductor recorded if it's SWA and how can I work out CSA
Dev

Sponsored Links
When completeing a EIC on a TNS how is main earthing conductor recorded if it's SWA
Does not the 'S' in SWA give you a clue? :confused:

and how can I work out CSA
You need to check with the maker of the cable to see what csa the armour on his cable is unless you can track down the minimum specified by BS 5467 or 6346 and use that figure.

Or look in the Wiki, like I'm always telling people to do.... :oops: :oops:

//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:swa-earthing

I knew the info was there, (honest), but I thought it was generic, from a manufacturer, not based on the actual requirements for armour csa in the BSs. It was only when I thought "ooh - that's handy, that table uses the BS data, I'll update the Wiki" that I realised.

Sorry.

Sponsored Links
I don't understand the question.

How can your main earthing conductor be SWA?

If you needed to move the CU further away than the limit for tails, and used SWA to extend, what would you call it?

Thats not your main earthing conductor.

That's the CPC for the submain circuit you have created.

The main earthing conductor is the wire from the cutout to the MET.

Hang on - I'm sure I can find a straw to clutch at

Aha!

What if you had a TN-C-S cutout where the earth terminal was accessible, and you had your MET at the far end of the SWA cable?

Related:
So what if there was a piece of 16.0mm sq 6491X off an earth tag at each end? What would be your recorded earthing conductor size?
The copper or the steel?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back