suprima tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I also have a Suprima 50 which is misbehaving.

Problems arose after adding an extension to our house 2 years ago (one room and 2 rads T'd off existing circuit). About 4 months ago the pump failed - I think this was clear-cut in that we awoke one morning to find a dead boiler (fuse had blown) and the pump had fallen apart inside (water in contact with electrics). Since then boiler cuts out as described above and responds to reset. So far its only about once a week but seems to be getting more common.

A new problem however has surfaced. The CH is switched off at the timer due to warm(ish) weather so only HW on at programmed times. In the last few weeks, I've noticed that the radiators are warm. I presume from what I've read that the 3-way valve is faulty. So what do I replace and in what order?

1. 3-way valve?
2. Motor for valve?
3. PCB?

D.

MOD

please see item 20

your post has been split

Sponsored Links
Assuming your pump is fine nowe, it's most likely to be the boiler pcb causing the lock-outs. There's a new pcb & kit to fit which is said to be much more reliable.

Assuming the wiring to the 3 port is correct, it sounds like it's either sticking open, or letting water through to the wrong exit when it shouldn't.
Not the motor, but either a new head or whole new valve. Depends to some extent on make.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back